Today I started to wonder: what percentage of my lifetime has been spent comforting a crying child? I hate the sound of crying. I actively wish to avoid it, yet as a halfway decent mother, I end up going towards it, seeking out the origin, and comforting the source of the horrible noise.
Anyhow, here are some things which today sparked off huge, epic, noisy crying from Lola:
- the prospect of living life without a particular nondescript rock. In the midst of screaming her guts out for over 45 minutes, Lola choked out, "I will never forget you, Rocky", then resumed her crying;
- that Iris refused to acknowledge Lola's self-anointed identity of "Power Lady";
- that our friend Joyce set the girls to a footrace, which Iris won;
- that it was chilly this afternoon;
- that Anton resolved to find "Rocky" after Lola had determined that her new plan was to find a new rock.
Hours. Literally hours of crying.
I will never forget you Rocky! Priceless.
It IS kind of up there with Shane, Come back" or "Say it ain't so Joe"
Post a Comment